View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 00:10   #4
skeeter8654
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoLawman
I do not know all the legalize , but am certain that his receiving the Silver Star does not hamper his consideration for the MOH. I believe it is fitting that the Silver Star is immediately awarded. The MOH, as you are aware, is a much longer process that can take years.

His actions are similar to the most recent recipient of the MOH by the way.

That's not the way the awards process works. Lesser awards are not given as a timely band-aid while a higher award is being processed. You are somewhat right in that it is possible to upgrade his award, but his COC put him up for an award and it was either awarded, downgraded, or upgraded. This is purely a supposition on my part but I find it hard to believe that his COC did not recommend him for the Medal of Honor, after alerting the occupants of his vehicle and then knowingly sheilding them from the grenade with his body, subsequently saving 4 Soldiers lives. If that is indeed the case, then somewhere at some level the award had to be downgraded to a Silver Star. That's a lot of assumptions on my part, but that's not right, IMNSHO.
skeeter8654 is offline   Reply With Quote