View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41   #10
Sarski

The wheels of the VA are turning...

I went to the VA this a.m. Good news is after 12 years since my last visit I am back in the system. And they gave me 1week antibiotic (10 ml Polymixin/Trimethoprim OPH SOL ML). Bad news is that it has been 12 years since I have seen a doctor, and they term it chronic, so I need a physical first, which of course isn't the bad part, but the next open slot is Jul 24th.

I did get a number to call, on a daily basis to see if there are any cancellations, so I am certain that I will get in earlier.

So, I didn't even get to see a doctor since it is chronic. I was evaluated by the nurse, who called and spoke over the phone with the optomitrist, who had the nurse administer a vision test.

Left eye 20/60
Both 20/80
Right eye 20/80

I know we all lose our vision as we age, but this was pretty sudden. Anyways, they didn't even grab a stethiscope or scalpel, or even a lolipop to shove up my nose to even pretend to take a look. That comes with the physical.

There was a cancelation but during the time I was talking to the nurse requesting to see the doctor, who on a walk in basis was only seeing non chronics, the cancelation was filled.

So now I call for cancellations and go from there.