View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 21:06   #18
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

What I Carried

I put a pic of the kit I wore on raids in 2006.

The only thing medical is the 3 pouches in between the pack and the armor.

The three pouches are on a belt that me and the medics on the other team at our base designed and had haji-built. It has a red cross on it and each pouch is labeled as to what is in it if I got hit. The 3 pouches were: an Airway pouch with a cric kit, various sized J-tubes, ET tube and my laryngoscope. In another was a few blow out kits with extra kerlix and the final carried 2x500ml bags and my morphine. No more than about 5lbs.

Just the stuff to secure an airway, stop a really bad bleeder that the individual kits couldn't handle and to give someone a bolus and pain meds if needed, before my aidbag could get to me.

My aid bag was usually on an ATV we would ride off the ramp and use as security along with extra ammo.

The rest of my kit was ALL mission essential, and you can see the gate breaching charge just above the butt stock of the M4 (ended up using it to blow the ordinance and a motorcycle we found on the OBJ)

Think of your stuff as you would a survival kit. A little on your person, some on your kit, and the heavy stuff in your ruck.

EDIT::: I was just looking at some pics of me wearing it. It actually had a small 4th pouch that had an elastic slit in the top. The pouch was for rubber gloves that you could pull out like kleenex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chacko Kit.jpg (55.3 KB, 485 views)

Last edited by miclo18d; 04-05-2012 at 06:53. Reason: Adding Info
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote