Thread: Smatchet
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 13:32   #39
El Cid
Auxiliary

I apologize in advance for resurrecting an old thread, but I didn't see the utility in creating a brand new one.

Needless to say I was impressed to see Mr Harsey on this site and have admired his work for some time. I still have almost the entire first 3 years of "Fighting Knives" magazines at home and recall the article where he and the Colonel displayed the Smatchet Mr Harsey made.

I had searched all over for one of my own, but had to wait until 2001 when Boker began producing them. I bought a limited edition Smatchet but figured it was too nice to use. When Boker released the "regular" version (non-numbered) I snapped one up and was disappointed with the scales. The ones on the ltd edition are very nice micarta, but the regular Smatchet has smooth, slippery plastic scales that are riveted on.

So... my question is for Mr Harsey: Do you sir know of a place where I can buy micarta scales and screws that will fit the Smatchet? I have contacted Boker and they do not respond. If I sent you the knife could you make some for it? And also, would it be too much to ask for some small serrations on the first two inches of one side?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

V/R
Kevin
El Cid is offline   Reply With Quote