View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 16:52   #40
sofmed
Guerrilla

Sleep Ops

I say all of the following tongue in cheek, as I'm having a great read here, and this is just a tad bit embarrassing, but warrants an airing out.

About 3 years ago, not too long after my second hip surgery, and being on some pain med I don't remember the name of, I was sleeping soundly one night and my wife says she attempted to lay her head on my chest and drape her arm across my abdomen, fitting into her 'spot' as she calls it.

She tells me that I told her, "No!" very adamantly, that she sat up and looked at me and realized that I was still sound asleep. She again attempted to fit into her 'spot' and again was rebuffed, only more aggressively. She figured I was only having a bad dream and this strengthened her resolve to "comfort" me so she attempted a third time to fit into her 'spot'. This time, she states I raised up, grabbed the back of her head with my left hand and placed my right palm (she's little...only4' 11" and tiny boned and I have very large hands) on her chin, as if to twist (break) her neck, looked her directly in the eyes and spoke a viciously sounding, "I...SAID...NO!!" She states that she dared not move for fear of my breaking her neck, and then just as suddenly as it all started I blinked a couple times, looked right at her again and said, "Oh! I'm sorry, Baby," and fell back onto the pillow sound asleep, and actually started snoring at this point. I don't snore much, to which she can attest.

What scared her was the fact that I (then) slept with a Cold Steel Tanto under my pillow and I had 25 years involvement in MA/Combatives, 8 years as an instructor at the time.

I felt terrible about the whole thing. Needless to say I don't sleep with the knife so close, but it's still close enough.

And way back in basic I nearly plastered some kid's head into the wall when he came to wake me up for fireguard. Grabbed him by the throat and nearly picked him off the floor before I realized what I was doing.

Anyone else have any experience with anything like this? My 13 yr old sleep walks, has for years, and that makes me wonder if it's something genetic. Or it could have just been the meds.

Anyone with some kind of intel on this, please speak up. Your advice would be much appreciated.

M

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
sofmed is offline   Reply With Quote