View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 09:52   #36
vsvo
Area Commander

I was also a sleepwalker as a kid. My family loves to tell the story of how one night I walked into my little sister’s room and peed in the wastebasket.

One of my aunts lived with us when she first arrived in the States. She had survived a junk ride which included pirate boardings in the South China Sea, then several months in a Thai refugee camp, just to make it to the States to be terrified by my young ass sleepwalking around the house. The first time she saw me she couldn’t sleep the rest of the night and asked my mom the next morning what in the world happened. At that time she wasn’t that much older than my sisters and I. After my sisters stopped ROTFLTAO, they told her, “Oh, he does that all the time!”

Today, my only sleep malady is that several times during the night I get a sharp elbow or shove, followed by a hissed, “Sleep on your side!” To which I usually groggily respond, “Whhhaa…” Apparently, I have taken the crown for Loudest Snorer in the Whole Wide World. I usually like to tell my wife, “If you don’t fall asleep before I do, it’s on you,” but somehow, I’m getting the feeling those words are beginning to lose some traction!
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote