View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 14:33   #8
JimP
Quiet Professional

Bubblehead - actually they ARE (sort of) allowed weapons. A few years ago, SECDEF authorized Commanders to approve concealed carry on their installations. The services are slow-rolling it and pretending that this authorization doesn't exist. They are officially awaiting "implementation guidance" of which the services have no intention of supplying.

I am at JBSA-Fort Sam Houston. This is now "officially" an Air Force Installation under the Joint-Basing construct. The last Base Commander, an Air Force female one-star, was quoted that "she'll approve concealed carry over her dead body." The irony of that statement was apparently lost on her.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything changing what with the risk-averse princes we have in command these days in the Army. They are simply not "gun guys" nor are they big on troops having the right to defend themselves.

I have resting on the desk in front of me a policy from Offut AFB wherein the Commander allows "holders of Nebraska concealed handgun license or reciprocating state concealed carry license equivalents are authorized to transport and secure privately owned handguns in privately owned vehicles within the legal boundary of OAFB."

Hey - at least it's a start.... maybe the Air Force will lead the way...?
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote