Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 19:23   #2572
pmandal
Asset

Update

I posted an introduction a while ago before I joined the Army so I'll post an update.

I commissioned from OCS back in January and got my top branch choice, Infantry. I will graduate IBOLC in 6 weeks if I can pass the 5 mile run in 40 minutes (I barely passed the first time around running it in 39:44). IBOLC has put me in pretty bad shape so I once again need to work on my fitness.

I have received my orders and I'm going to the 11th ACR at Ft. Irwin. I have mixed feelings about this; being OPFOR will be a great experience for me but I have virtually no chance to deploy and I'll have to deal with California gun laws.

Once I graduate, I'm going to the Bradley Leadership Course, then Airborne, and then Ranger. I really want that tab and will work my ass off to prep for it, but as of now I know that my fitness is not my odds of making it through RAP week are slim.

I definitely have had a bit of a reality check on whether I have what it takes to get through SFAS. As of now, the answer is a definate no but there is no reason why that can't change before I hit 1LT promotable.
pmandal is offline   Reply With Quote