Thread: Forearm Tattoos
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:13   #12
RT AXE 10
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthas View Post
I have a tattoo on each forearm, one the image of a turntable, the other a Latin phrase: "Memento mori et memento amor" (Remember death and remember love, or as I choose to translate it, disregarding the literal interpretation for the sake of expediency in relating the meaning of the tattoo, "remember you are mortal and remember that there is love"). The point being that when I acquired these tattoos, I had no intention of involvement in the special operations community. I was informed by my platoon sergeant in AIT that so long as they could not be seen while I wear my class As, there would be no problem. However, as I am now very interested in a potential future in the Special Forces, my concern is that these tattoos could pose as something of an obstacle for me. Does the tattoo policy for SF (explicitly stated or otherwise) differ from that of the regular Army, or am I simply being paranoid. Thank you.

~Karthas

Dear Paranoid, if your looking for an excuse to not join SF you've found one. If not then you have the following options.
Option 1, have the tattoos removed and join SF.
Option 2, Stay with the tattoos and still join SF.
RT AXE 10 is offline   Reply With Quote