View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 19:25   #10
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

Twitchy: Rheumatoid Arthritis pain does not respond to opiates / opiods. Believe me, I know. Back in 2011 I thought I had dislocated my right hip. Pain was so bad that any movement at all of that leg was excruciating. I gave up trying to get any sleep and called 911 (again, because I thought that I had actually dislocated my hip). I had never had an RA flareup in a large weight-bearing joint before.

To make a very long story short, at the hospital they took x-rays. Could find no dislocation, but an indication of severe inflammation in that hip joint. They gave me a shot of Dilaudid. It gorked me out for awhile, but did absolutely nothing to reduce the pain in the right hip.

Later, when I got to see my rheumatologist, she told me that RA pain does not respond to opiates / opiods. I told her I figured that one out already.

For two years now I have been on Remicade infusions every 8 weeks, still taking the Methotrexate and 4mg of Medrol daily. That is the only way that I can function at all with my RA - which was diagnosed back in 2006.