Thread: Useful NSNs
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 16:09   #24
69harley
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo22b View Post
Does anyone have an NSN for a 5590 male connector that attaches to the end of a cable? I have found them online, for example:

http://www.tacticaleng.com/c25/BA559...nector-p8.html

but, with no NSN, I will have to twist some arms to allow us to purchase them with the GPC card.

I am going to be making a 5590 to USB adapter (actually, quite a few). I know that some are available from TSE Recon and Tactical Engineering, but I see no reason to pay hundreds of dollars for something I can make myself for about $50 in parts.

While I am asking questions, can anyone give me a good NSN for either a 10/3 outdoor rated extension cord, or bulk 10/3 SJ type cable? My research has only turned up 12/3 extension cords. I will admit up front that I don't have a FEDLOG account, and I am still learning the arcane ways of the supply system.
The high power 5590 to USB from TSE will be hard to make yourself. That adapter as designed will charge two iPads at the same time. There is a little bit electronics happening inside it and the USB port to handle the high current is on the pricey side.

The male BA-5590 plug canbe purchased on the open market for $15 each in low quantities directly from the manufacturer. Of which, there are only two actual manufacturers of that connector in the US. Neither TSE or Tactical Engineering are the manufacturer of that connector.

PM me if you cannot find the OEM using google.
69harley is offline   Reply With Quote