Thread: Alien Antenna?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 07:53   #32
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Location: High ground somewhere in the GREAT Pacific Northwest
THALES Communications

Guys,
I know it's been a while since my last posting, but quality over quantity - right. The Alien Antenna (I've got to come up with a real name - lol) is on its way to THALES Communications for field testing. For those of you that don't know THALES is the 3rd largest defense contractor in the world (80 Billion) and they make the MBITR that's on everyones hip.
Its exactly what I had been praying for - an unbias, professional company that can tell me if BHI has a product worth selling or not.
The manufacturer has updated the antenna based on some local field tests done on similiar products and will have them to me this week. Then I'll send them off to THALES for field testing. If THALES like the product, we know we have a hit. If they don't I'm dumping the project. I'm hopeful (obviously) that it's going to be the only antenna available that you can hook up to your MBITR and will cover the entire frequency range of the antenna (30-512Mhz) AND do it as efficiently of more efficiently than their current antenna's.

I will keep you posted on the results and let you know what happens, and again, thanks for your interest in the project.
Also, keep your eyes open for a big announcement in the 18E thread in the next couple of days about Blackheart International's new relationship with THALES.....MTF.
DeMo180a is offline   Reply With Quote