View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 14:30   #7
eine_frau
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailaviborita View Post
What's your take on things over there, eine frau? It doesn't look good from over here...

The Deutsch I know here are upset and fearful for their children's futures...
I think I could write for hours...
I honestly am not sure what to think, though.

I work with a multinational team. My boss who is also my best friend came here as a refugee. I think her story is a picture perfect success story. She is also the first to say Germany is biting off a bigger peace than we can chew.

The families I take care of come from all nationalities, all classes. I have no issues with any of them.

I have literally zero personal example of a bad situation with refugees. But I also have no contact to groups of single young males.

The nature of my job allows me to get very close to families so I see their hopes, their dreams, their successes, their failures. I understand why people want to get away from violence, persecution, war, poverty... And I see plenty of stories where I just get mad at my government. ( Like a Somali family where both parents were working very hard to learn German and get a job when I took care of them having their first child, two years later with the second child they had completely given up on that after realizing that while working they were running themselves into debt paying for housing, but staying unemployed all expenses were covered by the government. How productive will this family ever be?)

I think we will see more terror attacks, more hysteria, also, suspecting terrorism everywhere. I think people will become even more suspicious of refugees and Muslims in general. I am afraid we will see terrorism and attacks from the far right again. Nazi parties will gain power.
I am afraid I will be affected personally, because my son is American and mixed.

I hope we get it under control, but like most people I am quite afraid to be heading towards a religious world war.
I also believe the solution to the problem is not in Europe but in the Middle East.

Sorry, very personal rant, but you asked...
eine_frau is offline   Reply With Quote