View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 09:17   #33
Lmmsoat
Asset

1. Were you ever in the Boy Scouts
-Yes, cub scouts through boy scouts

2. Did you obtain Eagle or what was your highest rank. (I am sure that there are several other Eagles on the board)
-Yes, Eagle. Earned enough for a palm but never sought to get it awarded. I was too busy chasing my future wife.

3. How did your Scout training help you in your military life or your Civilian life.
-First, the leadership skills I learned in scouting has helped me from the beginning of basic through present day. Second, it helped me appreciate the effectiveness of teamwork. It's a testimony to scouting when you watch over a dozen teens erect a bivouac site that would make any drill sergeant proud.

4. Did your Scout training guide you toward your decision to go SF.
-I believe so. I think the person you are today is a reflection of the experiences you have had in the past. Working in small groups of tightly knit scouts, I think, made me seek out the same type of environment in the military. You can't get any tighter than an SFODA.

5.... Any other comments about Scouts and the Military.
-I believe scouting is a great opportunity for young kids. One of the greatest character builders in the modern times.
Lmmsoat is offline   Reply With Quote