View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 15:05   #44
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

I'm thinking it would probable take 2 1/2-3 years start to finish. I'm not in a hurry and would just enjoy myself. I would try to average about 7-8 miles a day. Having to hunt and carry all your own food would necessitate the short distance each day, but it is a pace that you could easily keep up for a long time without breaking down your body too bad. I would plan on spending two winters there and would build a shelter provision it and hole up till the spring. Game probable wouldn't be that much of a problem because there was a lot more of it back then.

I chose the M-4 type rifle for the weight, but the Le Mas round for the ability to kill.

I am wearing heavy duty mountaineering boots that will probable last the whole trip if I take care of them. Walk 7-8 miles in them, then when I get to my camp site take them off, put on some mocasins.

I would probable take the central corridor NC to TN, MO, CO, UT, NV, CA.

Tent over tarp-spending that much time out side it would nice to be able to get in under some cover.

my maps would be small lightweight books similar to road atlas's that arent accurate but would be able to tell me where I am and where water is, how to get through the mountains where the passes are, that type of thing. My detail information would be on the pda, and if it breaks I still have the book as a backup.

I would learn how to use one of those star navigation devices (not sure the actual name) and bring one of those with me also.

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote