View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 23:47   #49
allamerican8204
Asset

Wow thanks for that. Now that I think of it that makes a ton of sense. I started shooting at a very young age and shot a lot because I lived in a rural area and it is very easy to go out shoot and I also hunt. During my time on AD i always wore ear plugs on the range simply because we had to. Also during that time, I didn't really get a chance to shoot much outside of the military. Now I'm almost done with college and when in town I have to go to the range @ the national forest and I wear hearing protection because everyone else is shooting god knows what. Maybe it's possible it didn't bother me before hand because I damaged them so bad. And during the AD time up until now i either wore plugs or shot rarely so that allowed them to heal, heance why it hurt so bad this weekend. And the hearing protection the army developed you are referring too, is that the yellow/green ear plugs? We were issued those on the very tail-end of iraq, right before I got out and I never had a chance to use them. But thanks again you may have saved my ability to hear.

T.P.
allamerican8204 is offline   Reply With Quote