Thread: RUGER VAQUERO
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 16:04   #29
Box
Quiet Professional

Color me schooled - I did not realize there were notable differences with the Vaquero. I always thought it was just Ruger doing a 'repro' of the SAA.
It sounds like the Vaquero is more of a Blackhawk with a cowboy makeover than SAA built to withstand modern ammo.

I shoot an Uberti Cattleman with a brass trigger guard and back strap (two matching Ubertis actually) to match my Model-66.

I'd really like to find some period correct SAA pistols chambered in 44-40 and a Model-73 to use for "Classic Cowboy" but it seems like every time I find a pistol chambered in 44-40 is priced waaaaaaaay outside of my recreational gun budget.
...and I need TWO of them
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote