View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 14:08   #25
theis223
Guerrilla

Question

Would these magnets have an effect on any of the electronics you guys carry on your person?

In my youth i can remember the hell i got from my folks the first time I put a magnet up to the tv screen (during a Packers v. Vickings football game...) it was kinda funny watching my old man's face [and volume level of his rebuke] change right along with the colors of the screen.

I will admit that I lack the knowledge of the tech that I occationally see service members carrying on their wrists, pouches etc but what are the effects of a powerful magnet, maybe not on the circutry itself, but the digital screens you use to acccess those technologies; are they subject to malfunction when a magnet is in close proximity?
...a leader should strive to be an individual of flawless character, technical competence, and moral courage….You start with a cornerstone—honesty—and from there you build character. If you have character, that means the guy you are dealing with can trust you….Character provides a leader with a moral compass that focuses his efforts on the values we cherish: courage, honesty, selflessness, and respect for our fellow man…

SAMUEL W. FLOCA JR.
Colonel, USA, Retired

Courtesy of QP Snaquebite
theis223 is offline   Reply With Quote