View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 17:59   #12
fasteddie565
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrotorhead View Post
I own a G21SF RTF, G30SF and a G36. The G36 is the only one I have ever had a fail to feed, I know I limp wrist the G36 so the problem is me. Of the 3 I like the G30SF the best, the size is reasonable to carry concealed, the mag holds 13 rnds. and you can use mags from the G21 as well. I like the Gen.3 pistols, but I think Glock has corrected issues with the Gen,4. The intended use of this pistol should be a factor in in deciding which model you get.
Not so fast,

Don't blame yourself. I have the same stable and I am currently trouble shooting my G 36. I carried that gun for 3 years and put about 5K rds through it.

Now it continues to poop the bed. You are spot on with your assessment of the G 30/21SF pistols.

To the OP, most folks I know and shot with like the slightly smaller grip of the G 30SF and G 21SF models. I own both (And have owned the regular framed models as well), both are great tools and have never ever failed to function, regardless of the type of ammo (Tula, Wolf, Aluminum Blazer etc). If you are near Missouri, you are welcome to stop by and try them out.

FWIW, I buy most of my Glocks pistols used. My experience is most used Glocks have less than 500 rds through them and I get them for between $350 and $450. $ 580 or so for a new G 36 with NS is a good deal.

Last edited by fasteddie565; 02-28-2012 at 18:02. Reason: ETA my opinion on the pricing
fasteddie565 is offline   Reply With Quote