View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 14:49   #11
MidwayFlanker
Asset

Foot Preparation / road marching

After ruck marching for a while and doing it with a group of people here at my home station, as well as looking at this site and the reading references given here, I would like to say that your boots have a big impact on you getting blisters, specifically the lacing, since if not worn right, or laced right you can not only get blisters on the bottoms of your feet but also on the tops of your feet near the tendons, which can be really nasty.

I made an attempt to look online for you as to a link that would show you ways of lacing your boots but however I could not find anything of true merit. Your best bet is to look for running books and military books relating to the topic at your local bookstore.

Best source I have seen for footcare in a book is "Get Selected!" by Major Martin. Has I believe 4 chapters covering feet (boots, footcare, etc.).

Thank you for your time.
The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be common, nor the common heroic. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
MidwayFlanker is offline   Reply With Quote