View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 18:24   #68
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
If you haven't been thru the process,, It's very easy.

When you purchase the test kit, spit, and return it, it is processed and out "spits" several hundred records.

ALL normal DNA testing produce the results in pretty much the same format. I think there are a couple, but the effect is the results is "packaged" the same.

Here is were the LEOs jump in, buy a kit, register the super decoder ID, submit results,,, from the LEO labs in the standard format.

Then the host service crunches the data and matches it to their database. After a bit, they send you an email to come view your data and possible relative list.

In my case, there are 1032 people that are close, based on the probability of the fact that we shared like 3.5% OR LESS DNA. I suspect the LEO's did better?

23andMe has an option whereby you can share and contact your cuz, if they agree.

For the LEOs (pick a number) if they get a 40% hit, it's time for a warrant.

Here is the top of my cuz list sorted by "strength". My screen does show about 1/2 with names or initials, but I can only use their system to attempt contact. To date I haven't tried because the linkage is weak.

2nd picture is how a 2nd cuz plots out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dna cuz.jpg (32.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg dna cuz2.jpg (19.0 KB, 20 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 02-03-2019 at 18:27.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote