View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 18:15   #130
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesIkanov View Post
I'm just going to throw out something that has personally helped me. I'm in no way BTDT, but everyone has to deal with a bit of stress now and again. One of the things I've found quite helpful is what some people might call a "Mantra". It's simply a short phrase that you mentally, or if you have to, verbally (I find murmuring under your breath works best), repeat to help you stay focused and motivated. The continuous repetition can, in many cases, help shift you to a more positive or focused state of mind. I've personally used this technique while pushing myself to do things that I didn't think I could do physically or that I thought would be more challenging than they were. It's not a magic bullet, but if it works for you it helps you keep going after you hit the wall physically or if you're just fucking tired, or whatever.

A few tips:
1. A short, concise phrase, or even a series of words works best. The longer it is the more energy you have to put towards dredging it up, the less you have left to stay focused.
Simple phrases said at SFAS to stay motivated

F#^$ing Cadre going to kill us $h!(. [watch others quit after thinking about it]

The Guy in the other tent said this is the last event ! [continue to spread rumor]

And the Army Goes Rolling Along and Rolling Along. Our contraption fell apart again F^#&.

Boots Boots Boots and Parachutes Chutes Chutes.

Can't smoke a quitter Sarge (Just kidding).

HOOOHAAA ! Who the hell said that ? [Cricket Cricket]

Hey Ho my back is going to break now, Just get to the end now, Let it hit ground, RUCK SACK FLOP.

I have always found that finding humor in others peoples misery works wonders on my motivation.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote