View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 07:57   #2
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua20 View Post
www.sportlegs.com

Anyone used this before? I seen in on a military athlete selection prep workout guide, and bought some. Its kind of a complicated science behind it that apparently not many know about, but it seems to work. Ive tried it a few times and the result is that I'm not as sore as I should be from working out. Plus, I seemingly can do more for a longer time. My only wandering thought is the long term effect when not using the additional lactate, if your muscles will perform the same/worse/better.

Thoughts?
The problem with these sport performance enhancers are they are not really designed for our kind of conditioning. You must understand that the soreness from lactate buildup is the process your body uses IOT to adapt to the new stresses. Your muscles do not grow or strengthen while you exercise they grow when you are resting and your body is rebuilding the damage and adapting to make you more resistant to the demands.

The science behind these things are shortcuts to hard work with little pain and more gain. It is a product being sold period. You will here many "shade tree" nutrition experts in the military SF has tons of them without a real basis and understanding of muscle stamina and strengthening.

You will go into muscle depletion caused by using glycogen you will have lactate buildup and you will NOT have these supplements. You need to mentally be able to handle the soreness and no muscle energy which you will have at SFAS. Your body needs to develop it's ability to recover without a commercial performance supplement.

If you are an athlete that likes to perform competitevly then this is as good of a product as any. I used CYTOMAX which was awesome for stamina.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 07-28-2014 at 07:59.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote