View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37   #20
greyshade
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyna View Post
I am prior service Marine that conducted two deployments to Iraq. I have been off active duty for 3 1/2 years. Still have 6 month in the IRR. My recruiters are telling me that 18x is the only option for PS. Which is fine, because that is what I want.

I do however have a question, I am being told that I will have to complete all of OSUT. Seems like a waste of time and energy to train me in an MOS I already went to war in twice. I will do it with a smile on my face, but I was just wondering if any PS marine infantry have had to do this and what to expect
When I went through you really did not learn your fate until you showed up at 30th AG, Ft Benning Reception. There was a tabbed scrolled Ranger medic who had to complete 4 weeks of Infantry basic. I was prior service, non Infantry and I did the last 6 weeks of OSUT.

It is what it is man. Don't get too wrapped around it. Be humble and if you get stuck doing it all over again use your experience to mentor the Pvt's. You'll probably be around other X-Rays that will end up going to SOPC, SFAS and if you're fortunate, the rest of the Q with. Your reputation starts the minute you get off the bus.