View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 00:17   #6
Astronomy
Quiet Professional

In the world you think you want, people who try to impress by casually affecting unearned salty slang... get looked upon as punks and idiots.

Drop the Mr. Casual Act. We're not your fucking buddies and so far, you don't impress. You're not in the SF circle... much less the Army one. Don't presume to act like you are.

Your recruiter has already fed you a line of bullshit and you're not concerned enough to do some on-line research to verify just how that's so. You fell for the classic recruiting pitch. Rising from the bottom like a large mouthed bass striking a shiny lure.

If it isn't written in black & white in your enlistment contract, before you enlist... it does not exist. There are a couple ways to accession into the enlisted SF career path from the street. Perhaps if you wind your neck in, one of the good Senior SF NCOs in this thread may deign to fill you in. Otherwise, you'd probably benefit from more reading on this forum and use of the search function.

Look up 18X ("X-Ray") Program and Rep 63 National Guard SF.

If you're serious about Serving the Nation as a Soldier and future SOF NCO, knock out about 100 pushups (right now) for being a fucking smart ass and an idiot. I'm serious about you doing those. Then incorporate them into your daily routine. You'll thank me later.

Of course, you probably won't. Just like you won't make any effort to improve writing beyond Jr. High School level proficiency. Because you can't see the need for any of those things. Because you're too wrapped up in fantasy land imaginings to know when real people are giving you real advice. The kind you can take to the bank.

You aren't even in the Army yet. I predict you'll have an interesting time in Basic. And never attempt Selection. Or never even enlist. Prove me wrong.

If you've got serious questions, ask away and skip the chatter. If not, STFU.

Last edited by Astronomy; 07-07-2017 at 00:21.
Astronomy is offline   Reply With Quote