View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:43   #80
rsdengler
Area Commander

Cold Weather Shooting

OK, I am going to ask this question on cold weather shooting because I cannot find anything when I searched. And if I totally had a "Duh Moment" when I searched for it, and it was hidden somewhere in a post, then I apologize...LOL

Woo-Hoo, this weekend I will be having a 2nd lesson with my instructor at an outdoor range. This will be the first time I will be shooting my new handgun..Hee, Hee…. But, it is supposed to be pretty chilly this Saturday where I am shooting about 37-39 degrees and I will be out around 3pm, so close to sundown. My question, any suggestions or advice for shooting in colder weather? I know that I will have on extra clothing, and I intend on layering and not wearing anything bulky. And I am assuming that the cooler weather may affect my handling, and shooting abilities especially since I do not intend to wear gloves. So, any tips on clothing, techniques, mindset? Thanks in advance, and as always I appreciate any help, knowledge and experience from you guys…..

Note to self... remember to bring coffee thermos...and hand warmers...

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote