View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:28   #7
SB_Pete
Asset

I've tried them, and a lot of guys I know use and love them. They are a lot like the Nike SFBs in terms of being a super light weight sneaker soled boot. Like the Nike's, they have a very soft compound rubber for the sole (Just like Nike SFBs and "SOPC Special" soles, they melt nice half crescent shaped grooves in the soles when you do rope descents). As far as I'm concerned, these and the Nike's are great for garrison and ruck/road marches, not so much for patrolling, land nav, or any rough terrain with a ruck on your back.

Compared to the Nike SFBs, they come in Wide sizes whereas the Nike SFBs do not.

They also have more insulation/padding on the sides than the Nikes, so warmer in the winter, sweatier in the summer and will take longer to dry after immersion.

They seem to provide a bit more ankle support than the Nike SFBs, but the sole doesn't have that wide rounded edge that helps the SFBs resist ankle rolling.

The insole/boot in they come with is crap, insert your preferred one, just like with most boots.

Sizing is almost like the Nikes, except they have wide sizes. FWIW, I wear 10W Altama's, 11.5 regular Nike SFBs and running shoes, but 11.5W Rocky C4's.

Hope that helps,
-Pete
SB_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote