View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 18:03   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Bo McCormick, Special Forces, Green Beret Fraud

I remember the bottom feeder Bo McCormick attempting to assist in the outing of Derrell Gardner (Also a member of the Hall of Shame)
Funny now the shoe is on the other foot.

"I feel that my experience in 10th Group makes me Special Forces Qualified"

What a f**king joke. Now the world knows about you and your lies you bottom feeding scumbag.

Fort Myers mayoral hopeful's claim may violate law Record shows no Special Forces stint
By Gabriella Souza • gsouza@news-press.com • July 17, 2009

The man who authored the Stolen Valor Act said he believes it is possible Fort Myers mayoral candidate Derrell Gardner could be prosecuted under his law's guidelines.

On his Web site, Gardner claims he was in Special Forces. His military record gives no indication he completed Special Forces training, and former Special Forces soldiers say this shows he never served in the elite unit.

The Stolen Valor Act is a federal law enacted in 2006 that makes it illegal to falsely claim any military decorations and medals.

Military historian Doug Sterner said because Gardner would have received a decoration for completing Army Special Forces training he is in violation of the act.
"My thinking when I wrote the bill ... was because there was a badge associated (a situation such as this) was covered," Sterner said from his home in Pueblo, Colo.

Bo McCormick, 64, founder of the nonprofit Special Forces Motorcycle Club, Inc. in Fort Myers, has requested the FBI research whether Gardner violated the Stolen Valor Act.Gardner could not be reached for comment Thursday.
His military record gives no indication he completed Special Forces training.

But Sterner said it is doubtful the FBI will pursue the case. It gets about 50 cases a week, he said, and what Gardner is claiming is not as extreme as other cases. Sterner himself only passes on to the FBI one out of every 15 cases he receives.
"On a scale," he said, "this would not qualify as extremely egregious."

Mel Smith disagrees. Smith, the executive director of the North Carolina-based Special Forces Association, said from his experience the FBI will investigate any claim regardless of how seriously the Stolen Valor Act was violated.
"If they're breaking the law, the (FBI is) going to go after them," he said.

Smith said usually when someone goes into Special Forces he has to guarantee he will be in the Army for one or two more years. Gardner's record shows he was released from active duty nine days after he left Special Forces training.
Plus, Smith said he has e-mailed Gardner several times asking him to explain his military background, but Gardner has not responded.
"His records don't match up," Smith said, "for what it takes to be in SF."
Gardner was found guilty of battery in 2001 against his wife at the time, Denise Gardner. Court records show the judge withheld adjudication of guilt, which means the case will not appear on Gardner's criminal record.
Gardner's fellow mayoral candidate Jenna Persons called in an e-mail for Gardner to produce his military record or admit his wrong.
Otherwise, she wrote, he should step out of the race.
"This city cannot focus on policy issues as long as Gardner's credibility is the main issue," Persons wrote. "Gardner cannot add anything to the policy debate unless he has first established credibility."