Thread: Bugout Loadout
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:46   #10
Badger52
Area Commander

Thanks TR for the thread. It's interesting to re-think this & see what brain cells might've shifted since the last time I gave this some thought. (Also this FOG is not hauling as much either but, forgetting weapons, the thought of needing to make deliberate movement in an E&E scenario drives quite a bit.)

A "long" gun for me would actually be a mutt AK 7.62 I have that I've had for quite awhile. Some will decry it but I've actually moved in the woods alot with this thing to the point that it's an old friend. Incredibly convenient with its DDR folding stock and a T1 clone atop its railed gas tube, birdcage flash suppressor & a collection of proven mags. The dot is small enough to do adequate honest work from field positions out to 250-300; plenty for my environs. Not for everyone but it's like a favorite pair of jeans at this point.

My G19 would go for the same "old friend' reason; 15+1 and a couple of spare G17 mags with the OEM +2 baseplate (they're not all created equal). It gets carried in a modified M7-pattern (add cross-strap, ditch belt loop) leather rig made sometime way back by El Paso Saddlery specific to that frame. It's NOT a high-speed cool pick to the gun but it comes to hand easily, carries wonderfully and, no matter what I have to drop, it's ON me.

The part I've been mulling about is simply stashing my Ruger Mk.II w/couple spare mags & some spare change rounds in the ruck, but have lately been thinking hard about swapping it & a safe queen for the Mk.III 22/45 and suppressing that. In my neck of the woods a person can feed themselves pretty good with a .22 if needed & a suppressed version is a useful hammer as well. Headed now to the search engine; someone's surely written the good/bad/ugly RE suppressors for Mk.III's.

Thanks again.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote