View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 08:23   #24
mffjm8509
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Why doesn't the Army give the non-11 series who are doing the 11 series job (like mffjm8509's troops) a temp desgination as an 11 series so they do qualify for the CIB.
Just a thought.
I'm not advocating the award of the CIB to non 11 series MOS. What we were origionaly talking about was a newly proposed Close Combat Badge taht would be awarded to those individuals that are in direct combat and not qualified in an infantry MOS.

Didnt mean to get you all stirred up Terry. My comments about dropping by the team room were for Razor, who does visit us from time to time and I think I still owe him lunch.

I have gained a lot of respect for some of these guys, and in the long run I'd like to see them rewarded in some way for thier contribution. Make it a ribbon like the Marines or whatever. Sure it will get abused, but the reward system always has been. But for those few guys that deserve it, it may mean something.

Hell they even have a sapper tab now......for a school that 90% of all airborne troops that attend pass. I thought that was a bit much...........

mp

MDP

"May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent
mffjm8509 is offline   Reply With Quote