View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 19:07   #17
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

mmfjm says:
Quote:
Do you think an 11C, 11H, any 18 serires, or perhaps an Infantry staff officer is entiteled to a CIB just for service here? They are getting them. I dont knock those positions of course, but there is certainly a difference between those guys and the guys deploying out of a BFV in response to contact.

If you like when I get back you can come by the team room and we'll go through the company with me pointing out guys wearing CIBs that have never fired a round or had to react to contact.
NO!! However that is the same argument that has been put forth since the beginning of time. Ifr they are getting them that's a different problem. Rather than take me around, if you are so vehement about it, document it and point them out to the IG -- presuming he also doesn't wear a CIB.

There are instances everyday of individuals breaking or bending the rulles. That doesn't make the rules bad. If they want a badge, fine -- Hell everyone has a couple or three these days to go with their berets. How about a combat spoon?

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote