Thread: Boot Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 12:31   #18
dogtag
Asset

Question to any Quiet Professional

Hello all,

First and foremost thank you for your time and attention. I read above the advice of a QP that if I'm shipping to boot in the proximate future that I should just resort to training/ rucking in issued boots.

In several other threads, particularly one created by the Reaper (thank you Sir) about SFAS preparation, several SF candidates had strongly recommended buying two pairs of personal choice boots customized to your foot and different scenarios (i.e. rucking - comfortable, one size larger for swelling and drainage OR climbing rope - hard soles etc. etc.). This was also reaffirmed in Get Selected.

Q: With everything considered, would it make sense to invest in a couple pairs of boots now (I ship for Benning 5/02), break them in, and hold on to them for SOPC and SFAS?

Q2: If so, I generally wear a size 12- 12.5 shoe wide in the toe (4E with asics running shoes) as my feet expand in the front. I've heard of many different brands of boots, but I was wondering if any QP can suggest a good pair that is SFAS acceptable? Also an insoles, I currently use Super Feet.

A PM or post reply would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote