View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54   #14
rob99vmi04
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
How many 223 cases can the ultrasonic polisher hold? I can only do about 40 308 cases in my old midway vibratory polisher at once. Using the small ceramic it takes about 30 minutes to clean a batch of moderately dirty cases. I might be able to do more if I had more media but the load might also be too heavy for the motor if I used more media with more cases. I have more of the large media and routinely clean 50 or so 50-90 or 45-110 cases. They clean quickly as well especially since the large diameters allow the media to really move around.

MVP
I have a both a hydrasonic cleaner and dry tumbler. I prefer the dry tumbler. I use to use the big chucks of ground up corn cobb and had the same problem you are experiencing with the particles getting stuck in the necks. I went to "Pets Mart" and purchased very fine walnut lizard litter for around $9.00. With the lizzard litterd I throw in a couple cap fulls of Dillions Rapid Shine. This has lasted me now for about a year and half. Since I started this, I have loaded around 5,000-6,000 rounds of .223, and still have about half a bag of lizzard litter left over.
rob99vmi04 is offline   Reply With Quote