View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 15:44   #2
HardRoad
Quiet Professional

Location: Georgia, Florida and North Carolina (its complicated)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
A 35 year old E5 with 14 years being able to start this, or is there some administrative reason that would prohibit me from doing this. I've tried to contact some recruiters and also speak to some other recruiters on the National Guard website as well, but they haven't been able to provide me any answers..
The search feature is your friend - use it to find a 20th POC at the unit where you want to end up. They can pass you on to the right recruiter to help you out. The CF Guard recruiters - especially if they don't work in a state with a NG SF unit - usually don't know much about how the SF gig works.

I'm not sure I would have made it through the pipeline at 35, but people do. My last team sergeant was 42 when he graduated. Obviously, the sooner you can do this the more likely you are to get all the way through without breaking yourself.

For what it's worth, my advice is get smart about diet and core and mobility exercise as part of your prep - you're going to have to be a lot more disciplined about keeping injury free than a guy in his 20s would.

Best of luck, and my condolences on the loss of your son.

Last edited by HardRoad; 01-09-2018 at 15:48.
HardRoad is offline   Reply With Quote