View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:09   #10
Almualla
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszakolczai View Post
This just reminded me of the way many Arabic names are structured.

For example:

Muhammad Ibn Abd Al Wahhab
Muhammad Ibn (son of) Abd (a servant) (of) al Wahhab (the wahhab's)

Or the current leader of Saudi Arabia

Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud
Abdullah bin (son of) Abdul Aziz of the Sauds.

It just shows the coorelation between the structure of ones name and the structure of the networks which the article points out. Lineage is as important than other factors when discussing who is who within the network.

Awesome article by the way sir, thanks for posting it.
If I may add, by knowing such name, you could tell who is the guy, his family, the location of his family and tribe they live in, and some time the profession of the guy, and some family members.
I.E Abu Mousa`ab Al zarqaoee = Abu ( the father of) Mous`ab ( a popular name within Islamist due to one of Prophet Mohammad companion ) Al Zarqaoee ( Al Zarqa is one of the biggest major cities in Jordan After Amman, and one of the main area of the 100% Jordanian/bedouin tribe called Bnee Hassan, and which he was from Al Zarqa, and his real name was Ahmad Al-Khalayleh, and Al-Khalayleh is one of the main families of Bnee Hassan, and which the later paid lots of money to put ads in the local newspaper,Al-Rai,AL-Doustoor... to show they are still loyal to the kingdom and the king, plus the tripe renounced him which in the culture a person who bring shame to the family they can renounce him/her from being a daughter /son )
Yet many Islamist have what we called Konya which is a nick name, even though they might not have kids to be named the father of ..., they still carry one of such. Even they encourage kids at Friday schools ( sunday schools) to have one.
Almualla is offline   Reply With Quote