View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 15:43   #1
Mav
Guerrilla

06 September 2004

Folks,

I ask your prayers for a family, dear to me since childhood. Mick Bekowsky was my childhood best friend from an early age. We played together until High School, when I joined the Army and he stayed on to go to College.

I came home from Afghanistan in 2002, and Mick informed me he was joining the Marine Corps to fight the good fight. He was so proud and I was so proud of him.

On September 07, 2004, I received a call from my mother, telling me his grandmother had called her, just moments prior.

They had just received official notification that Mick Bekowsky had been Killed in Action in Al Fallujah, Iraq, due to an IED. THis was his second tour to Iraq and he was three weeks from coming home.

He died proudly, however, knowing the risk he made and courageously accepting it for God and Country and Countrymen. He is a true Hero and I'm honored to have been his friend.

06 September 2006 marks the second anniversary of his death. I ask that you take a moment of meditation or prayer and direct your thoughts towards the safety and victory of our troops and our Country's leaders.

Blue Skies, Marine and Friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPL Mick Bekowsky, USMC, 6 Sep 2004, Fallujah --- Never Forgotten
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote