View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 23:08   #6
G2squared
Auxiliary

FWIW,
I've used the state dept web site before for OCONUS travel a couple times. I was pretty oblivious prior to but checked because the Army "made me". It was an eye opener because the Army briefing I felt was a BS scare tactic. As US citizens, it's easy to be oblivious to the reality of what's happening in a country when we only travel in the protected areas of a foreign country. They often times want our tourist money and will avoid areas they feel will show the less desirable parts of their counties. If we're oblivious to our surroundings then it doesn't matter why we're there, we'll miss potential threats. State's web page gives an overview of issues and armed with that information I noticed a lot more, and it was obvious I was being sheltered from specific areas.
Not sure if this helps, but if you need to break it down "Barny Rubble style" or using the BIG CRAYOLAs, then this might do the trick. But the recipients have to be receptive to the information to begin with, otherwise it really won't matter how you try to get the point across.
G2
G2squared is offline   Reply With Quote