View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 15:46   #1
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Patrol Base Lounge Jacket

Gents,

I've improved my smoking jacket concept since the earlier version I made for Kenton Stacy. I'm calling it the "Patrol Base Lounge Jacket" just to be ironic. The feedback I've gotten on the few models that are out there has been very positive. That being said, I've recently met with a local sewing manufacturer and it looks like production will be starting soon. I'll have them make a couple prototypes to ensure they follow my design correctly and to determine the cost of manufacturing and then it will be off to the races.

So, with that, I'm looking for a rough count of how many people would want one. Mind you, they only come in one size for now, which should fit up to a XXX guy. I'm still working on a price point. Folks who have seen and tried them on, from both civilian professions as well as the military/veteran community, have suggested they should be in between $100.00 and $200.00.

There are a lot of things that need to be worked out, like locating a reliable source for the main material, which may not be too difficult since the manufacturer already has US gov't contracts for textile products. I already know where to get everything else. I'm not going to repurpose old, used woobies. I'll let the "Woobie Smoking Jacket" guy do that. Yes, it's nostalgic and a cool way to refurbish them but it's not economical for me. The material has already been broken down and some of them are worn out far more than others. I'd have to go through quite a few of them in order to get enough useable material for what I need. Better to get the raw fabric, new, so the products have greater appeal and better longevity. Besides, it's a fair chance that those old woobies were "soiled" in more than one way and no amount of washing could convince me to use them.

Attached are the pics of my latest model. I added some additional characteristics to my concept since the earlier version. I was also asked to make two models: one with a hood and one without. Instead, I made a modular model so you can attach/detach the hood. And yes, I added a little more velcro.

Although I already made a jacket for Kenton, I'll donate one these new models to him when they are ready. Availability date is still TBD but I'm hoping for early summer.

Who wants one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2120024.jpg (24.6 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg P2120025.jpg (21.7 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg P2120019.jpg (22.8 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg P2120015.jpg (23.8 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg P2120017.jpg (22.8 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by TOMAHAWK9521; 04-04-2018 at 16:00.
TOMAHAWK9521 is offline   Reply With Quote