Thread: Survive!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 10:00   #15
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by QRQ 30
TR: I took your original problem literally:

That would preclude a "packing List". As for going naked, I presumed you would allow shorts, T-shirt and socks. Also web belt w/metal buckle. I really think we could work with this. It's not too dissimilar to survival school.

If we are going to have a packing list let's try a GPS.
I want a minimum packing list of items you would need, in addition to what you are wearing, and would consider additions of what you would want. I listed the BDUs and boots so that one person would not be in shorts and a t-shirt, and another would have a full uniform, to include LBE and two or three survival kits. Level the playing field, so to speak.

To look at this another way, let's say that you could take your Yarborough Knife (thank you Mr. Harsey and Mr. Reeve), and anything you could fit in the pocket on the sheath.

What would you put in it? Would you be able to survive for 60 days with just those items (and those you could make or obtain with them)?

For those non survival trained personnel lurking on this thread, there are many good survival sites out there which can teach you about not just wilderness survival, but daily and urban survicval as well. One of my favorite survival websites is http://www.equippedtosurvive.com/ though they do tend to get heavily into air crash and sea survival.

They have a new kit I am looking at right now.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote