View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:27   #37
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
I debated about putting this here, or in the forum where The Letter is but thought it germane here, particularly since I heard yesterday on the scanner that someone had called county dispatch & wanted to speak to an officer regarding a young person with some violent postings. So the awareness from this latest shooting is out there, no denying. However, for the winner with my morning coffee comes this FB posting from a FL middle-school Teacher of the Year. Didn't want to settle for what the news decides so snagged the whole thing from Fakebook; Kelly Guthrie Raley's words are worth a read IMHO:
Badger - I have a 10y/o boy with an active 10y/o boys imagination - especially about guns. I can’t tell you how many times in Washington state he crossed lines with the school. Enough to know and hear from teachers, principles and special education teachers exactly what this teacher speaks of.

So many parents today are so out of touch with their kids. And those that have to have the occasional parent teacher conference throw a hissy fit that they are being pulled away from their day time TV program because the school isn’t raising their kids for them. I got thanked so many times for knowing and being interested in my kids issues that it was kind of embarrassing - although I’ll never be embarrassed because of my kid.

Since we moved to Texas and he started in a new school with vastly improved ethical standards and student teacher relationships all the problems of being a boy have vanished. He is thriving now where before it just wasn’t good to be the son of a soldier or law man.

My ‘sig line’ has always been “have no regrets” I have many regrets that the liberals in Washington had a negative impact on my son in his early years. It was a good school if compared to horrible schools but it was still a poisonous environment.

Come to think of it...all or most of these issues are a somewhat modern events that started with the election and presidency of Bill Clinton and the ethical laps that followed.

I’ve said before, that before the 1994 AWB the AR-15 was an unpopular and expensive (even at $500) weapon that didn’t garner the interest of most. The Democrats made it popular by trying to ban it.

Was it all just a devious master plan?

Is the ‘deep state’ so insidious at the FBI/DOJ that Waco, Ruby Ridge, Columbine, Benghazi - 9/11 is all part of a master plan...?

When the investigation gets completed will we ever know just how much the FBI knew before Majorie Stoneman HS made headlines?

Yes, I can see how the tin foil hat looks.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote