View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:11   #45
eine_frau
Asset

I just got done watching the latest news conference

I think they have most of the talking points here:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...ng-centre-live

I rarely have something relevant to contribute to this board, but last night was very close and personal to me.
So maybe I try to share what I feel I have learned after one sleepless night.

Rumors were flying and I heard conflicting reports on how many shooters were involved, where shootings were taking place, what the motivation was, ...
I am happy I resisted the temptation to post here or anywhere.
The police said they had 4,310 emergency calls. Many of them from people sharing information they only recieved through social media. It largely contributed to the confusion.

I realized that Munich police were doing a great job sharing reliable information as it came in. In the future (Because unfortunately I think there will be more of this) I will stay away from unreliable sources.

I am proud of my city, people were sticking together, helping strangers, made room for police and emergency responders.

I have the highest regard for our police. They did a great job.

I am sure there will be voices criticizing the huge police response, but I personally am happy to know the city is capable and willing to react that way.

It doesn't make a difference to me that there seems not connection to ISIS. I personally don't fell safe from terror, and I am sure wether we call it AMOK or TERRORISM doesn't make a difference to the victims or their families. Running around murdering as many people as possible for whatever reason with whatever means available seems to be the thing to do these days.

Of course I wonder what I would have done had I been there. And I was going to be there, at that mall at that time, had promised my son to take him there and we luckily got held up by our puppy...
I have read countless referrals to people being sheeple on this board. Always gritting my teath a bit because I was afraid I fall into that category. Now I KNOW I do.
I can't see myself doing anything other than run and try to protect my son. What is the right thing to do? Run? Hide? Play dead? How do any of these with an upset, autistic teenager?

I also learned how many people all over the world care about us and am very thankful.
Thank you to everybody on professionalsoldiers.com who thought of us and wished us well. You are strangers from a different continent thank you for caring.

Sorry for the long rant. I seem to have a lot to get off my chest...

My thoughts are with the victims and their families and friends, I hope the injured recover quickly and completely
eine_frau is offline   Reply With Quote