View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 16:56   #15
jbour13
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
How will these Iraqi troops we train be better than the ones we spent 2003-2011 training, and who cut and run at the sight of the enemy?

What will happen when the US forces are attacked or captured?

Who will provide MEDEVAC, lift, and fire support to the US troops in Iraq?

What will happen when there are (inevitably) civilian casualties, particularly if there is any way to blame us? No way to avoid this in an urban civil war, BTW.

Will a SOFA be signed before we go back in? Will there be one if/when we finish?

Who will these forces be OPCON to?

How does this address US strategic interests?

Finally, what is the desired end state that the force should try to achieve? Because to me, the underlying problems here are not going to be solved by American military intervention, and 100 guys are just a worm on a hook.

Maliki and the Iraqi leadershop are responsible for this mess, and for fixing it.

I say let them hold the sack of mierda they have created, and offer diplomatic, informational, and economic solutions.

TR
Wanna come over and spread some "vision" to my 3?

I've covered nearly all of those questions this week because at me level, nobody was. We had the wrong people this week trying to get into the fight. I think I hurt some feelings eclipsing the efforts of the 3 and his assistant planner by asking some of these same relevant questions. Nothing like your S2 NCOIC telling you that you have it wrong, and the BC agreeing.

What a fookin' week.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote