View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:07   #112
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh, a disgusting politician.....

It's amazing this lowlife is still in the race. Then again these are the very same people that endorse, love, support michael vick................

There are bottom feeding scumbags and then there are people that love & support bottom feeding scumbags...... I think Philly is full of both.

Vets Rip Candidate on Green Beret Claim
October 18, 2011
Philadelphia Daily News|by Chris Brennan
A group of veterans yesterday called on voters to reject David Oh, a Republican running for City Council at-large, due to his misleading claims about being an Army Green Beret.

Joe Eastman, a Navy veteran who organized the Philadelphia Independent Veterans Association, said Oh had embellished his military record for political gain.

The group, which met outside the Municipal Services Building, across from City Hall, to denounce Oh, was not impressed with the two full-page ads he bought after the Daily News first reported in August about his military record.

"We want to cut through the nuance, the lawyer-speak and everything else," said Eastman.

John Murphy, a retired colonel in the Army Special Forces and a Vietnam veteran, said Oh "quibbled" in his apologies and should never hold elected office.

"This isn't about politics," said Murphy, of Cherry Hill. "I'm a Republican and I would have liked to seen him make it. But when he made his false claims about being a Green Beret, that just blew it for me."

Oh did not respond yesterday to a request for comment. In a candidate forum at WHYY last night, he said: "I did not misrepresent my record for political gain."

Oh was assigned to the 20th Special Forces Group when it was called up to active duty during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Oh was not deployed and spent that time at Fort Bragg in North Carolina, trying to complete the Special Forces training. He finished the three-week assessment and selection course but was not chosen to continue on to the qualification course. He was eligible to retry the first course but chose not to.

Oh, who has referred to himself as a Green Beret in campaigns for Council in 2003, 2007 and this year, apologized in his ads for "any confusion or misimpression" that his claims created.

He then demanded a retraction and apology from the Daily News for the reporting on his record that prompted his apologies.

Last week he ran ads in the Daily News and Inquirer touting his endorsement by the United Veterans Council of Philadelphia.

Gary Seifert, the commander who leads that group, said he took at "face value" Oh's explanation that his record was being overblown by political opponents.

"We could be wrong," he said. "He seems like a likable guy."

http://www.military.com/news/article...ret-claim.html