View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 19:31   #21
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagDayNCO View Post
In our deployment, the DCUs were done collectively. One guy purchased a portable sewing machine and went into business. The tailor shops would charge an arm and a leg, if they would even do it.

Our lower shirt pockets went up to the chest area, sewn back on. The original chest pockets went to the sleeves, as they were slightly smaller than the lower pockets.

I recall getting a WTF message from our leadership, as guys started wearing them on post, which really burned the garrison circus. So, we had to put our BDUs back on until we flew out. Not only were there military men wearing uniforms with no unit patches (we wore rank, ARMY and name tapes), but they were not in compliance with AR 670-1. Oh the anarchy....
I've seen a few of the uniforms without the unit patches before and made the assumption they were probably QP related.

Did your unit happen to do any velcro name tapes/army tapes etc? I've seen a few of these and sometimes its a mixture of all those mentioned and it can be just the soldiers name that is removable.
RedLegGI is offline   Reply With Quote