View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 17:53   #5
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Given the shear depth, breadth and magnitude of damage caused by a “bug”...you can bet every evil fuck in the world (be they state actor or non-state actor terrorist) is paying VERY close attention as to the potential for a future encore performance.
Yep countries like Russia aren't about to let anyone know if their healthcare system is compromised and overwhelmed or whether or not they have had to quarantine anything not to mention that government is not about to let media and medical community run down its response if any and spread the fear and panic the west has done.....we though NBC was a threat for a long time and then turned to CT 9/11 and ignored it slowly at first now the CBRN(new NBC) guys are probably saying yep as we have studied and suspected is happening or was going to.

Again as you and Penn note the real danger is not containment of the disease nor its spread it is the media spreading fear and panic where we are on the brink of martial law being needed. Other nations such as Russia and China, N. Korea etc.....are taking notice and studying the impact it is having and the inability for the west to handle such an event. Oh well what do I know I was just a knuckle dragger 18B at my peak though a keen interest in the shadowy world of espionage, UW and the sort. If I had been in a different climate I might have been just as happy in the 3 letter agencies AFTER feeling my oats in SF but the ruffian I was made that impossible pre service days

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 03-22-2020 at 18:12.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote