Thread: Survive!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 21:46   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72_Wilderness
TR, I said it works sort of, sorry I wasn't more clear. I was meaning that it would work for cutting through wood, rope, and other such related things. I see your point about the cleaning of game.

I am still alive.
If you mean like actual in-the-field experience, it would be safe to say that you have done more than I have.
As far as my training goes, I can proudly say that I earned the Wilderness Survival Merit badge through the Boy Scouts of America and I have read parts of an Air Force Survival Manual. I know it is nothing compared to what you have been thruogh and have been taught and learned, but it is a good start; don't you think?
I think if I was a 17 year old, I would be lurking here unless I had some expertise or knowledge that would be valuable. I certainly would not argue survival with an experienced SF soldier.

I would not walk around my house without a knife in my pocket, much less attempt an extended survival period without one. I would love to see you get by in the woods for 60 days without one though.

I think that you are fairly well trained for 17, in this day and age. Most of those here who grew up in a rural area 30 or 40 years ago could teach you a lot, if you would listen.

Think about it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote