View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 11:34   #10
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
I disagree. Secretary Johnson did a splendid job of covering his ignorance, willful or not, with smugness and arrogance.

It appeared to me that Senator Cruz was seeking an admission that the federal government was indeed scrubbing documents of references to terrorism motivated by Islam.
I think that Sen. Cruz could have structured his attack differently. Other Senators were able to ask questions in such fashion that Sec Johnson actually responded in a somewhat meaningful and informative fashion. Sen. Cruz's questions were such that no matter if Sec Johnson answered yes or no, it looked bad.

I am in no way intending to address Sec Johnson's guilt/innocence/knowledge/ignorance in this matter.

As to Sen. Cruz's assertions, I don't see much on the internet about this topic being a department wide initiative. I found a reference to the DHS scrubbing Islam from the LGBTQRXYZ killer's phone call, and I found a story from February from a former DHS employee that reported that the names of 1000 people scrubbed from the terrorist watch list in the interest of civil rights (link), but that's about it. I hope that the media picks up on this and digs deeper.
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote