View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 22:50   #32
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice Snowflake View Post
Alright, knock it off or I will not do the history of the flash like you asked and you are supposed to be quiet professionals but you sure as hell ain't showing it. Typical frat boy behavior.

I think some of you have been through college and it is hard enough keeping up with the studying. I am not on here very often in case you haven't noticed.

I am almost done with college and about ready to join the army as a commissioned army officer.
Young student,

Do you have a clue to whom you are speaking? I seriously doubt it. If you take the time to notice, you will observe that it states "Quiet Professional" under my screen name. That means that at some point, I at least completed SF training and, in my case, got an "S" qualifier added to my MOS. I fall far below the accomplishments, team time, special forces knowledge, and combat experience of most of these men. I feel honored to have that "Quiet Professional" beneath my name. How long has it been since you first stated you were "going to join the Army"? Have you noticed that there is a war, or two, going on at the present time?

If you think college is difficult - disabuse yourself of ANY notion that you will ever be able to join the ranks of SF. I doubt if you'll make it through Airborne School! I dropped out of college in '69 to enlist in the Army (had a 3.2 gpa, too!). I think Penn State will STILL be there in a couple of years. Talk is cheap. Pony up. If you are not willing to do that, then do me a personal favor and SHUT UP.

I don't care if you post a history of the 5th Group's flash or not. I know dozens of men who proudly wore that flash in combat, and I don't think any of them would care a whit for any drivel you might deem worthy of posting on the subject. (Incidentally - the proper post was to write said history, and NOT come back with snide comments to people with whom you are NOT a peer - and probably will never be a peer.

At the risk of pissing off TR for "piling on" - I have to respond to your "frat boy" remark. THIS is a "fraternity" of men - not boys - and I think you will never, ever understand the difference. In the words of one of my former Supply Sergeants - "piss up a rope"!