Thread: Precision Rifle
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 19:53   #208
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
I just ordered received an adjustable cheek piece for my Rem 700. With my new scope I could not position the rifle beside by face while prone and look through the scope at the same time. This has caused a new flinching habit I hope the cheek piece will assist in solving.
Try this. Stop placing your cheek on the stock. Instead, place the bottom of your jaw on the stock and then let your jaw bone slide down the side of the stock, but not the skin, as you place the full weight of your head on the stock. You will find that this gathers a bunch of skin up between you cheek bone and that hard stock. Your head will be higher and the impact on your cheek bone during recoil will become almost unnoticeable. While this may feel a little awkward at first, you will find it more comfortable and your head will rest much higher on your stock with the full weight of your head still on the stock.

Too many think that a cheek weld is to place your cheek bone on the stock, when it is to place your cheek area on the stock, more skin less bone. Remember to try and never place bone in direct contact with your weapon or on any hard surface.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote