View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 20:51   #5
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Disgusting? You guys must be real old.

I received a sample training program booklet(?) from SWCS along with my acceptance letter for Selection. So I had it easy after all. Ha! Just joking QPs who commented. I'm with you. I know and agree where you are coming from. Funny, I spent a lot of time thinking about that training program that I received and whether it was actually "the best" or perhaps it was, in reality, not adequate, and rather part of the selection process. Trying to see if I would underachieve...

I decided that it was probably bullshit, and anyway not what I personally needed to be successful. I determined that failure was me hurting myself or being too burnt out before selection to succeed, and short of that I was good. Grip strength, rope climbing technique, pullups, foot toughness, leg strength and ruck marching endurance, running endurance , and swimming, was what I figured I needed and what I worked on. I knew I knew land nav so I figured I was good there... I figured I would do the best that I could short of hurting myself and made up my own program and single mindedly pursued that at the detriment to everything else... to include a long term relationship that I was in. (e.g. I know it's your birthday, honey, but today is my long ruck day so I need to take a raincheck on dinner until tomorrow.). Funny, I never really felt the need for a butt buddy to hold my hand during my training. Looking back, I guess I believed that it was an individual journey that I needed to walk alone. That I would succeed or fail at...on my own. I DID NOT WANT TO TIE MY SUCCESS OR FAILURE TO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL. Sure, I looked for G2, but the best that I got was some foot care info and standard Ranger School prep BS. So I went with that.

And in this one post is more information and confirmation on how to pass SF selection than I EVER received. Maybe that's bad?